If you have any sort of expertise of On-Board-Diagnostics or OBDii then you know it is a system that checks your car’s efficiency and will certainly let the motorist know of any sort of problems via the ‘Check Engine’ light on the control panel. All automobile, light truck and also SUV suppliers have actually been mandated to have this system mounted in their motor vehicles because 1996. When problems with the car’s systems occur the on-board computer produces a code to let the vehicle driver diagnose the problem. This code could be reviewed by linking and also BMW Icom A2 to the vehicle’s computer.
BMW Icom A2 are readily available for usage by any automobile proprietor and also come in a vast array of price and also feature. Professional technicians often have access to more sophisticated viewers. Despite the kind of code visitor you have the method it is used is practically the very same.
1. To start with you will generally need a cord to attach to a scanner or a PC with OBDii appliction. Most scanners are universal in that they will review one of the most typical codes, yet several of them could simply collaborate with certain cars so make certain that the scanner you have is appropriate with your motor vehicle.
2. Consistently ensure that the automobile’s engine is transformed off just before attaching your viewers.
3. Find the OBDii system connection plug. If your motor vehicle is certified with OBDii procedures it will have a female 16-pin connection plug normally near the center console on the vehicle driver’s side. Different vehicles could have different locations like under the steering wheel, behind the ashtray, in between the front seats or under the vehicle driver’s seat. A quick check online must allow you meet the place for your particular car if it isn’t readily visible.
4. Examine the vehicle’s adapter plug to ensure that the required pins are existing. Most notably that the # 4 as well as # 5 pin for basing and the # 16 pin for the electric battery power supply.
5. Connect your BMW Icom A2 that bought from www.obd2-diag.com to the vehicle’s computer system. Your cord with the 16-pin plug at one end should connect to the female port on your vehicle. Then connect the other end of your wire to your scanner.
6. A choice to a hand-held scanner is to attach to a COMPUTER that has OBDii appliction mounted on it. You will require a wire with the 16-pin adapter on one end with a USB connector on the various other to connect to your PC. Bluetooth adapters are likewise available for this application.
7. When you are linked it may take a short period of time for the visitor to initialize. Your scanner will inspect the car’s computer to figure out which procedure is needed and also the make the connection. The scanner will check out the malfunction code saved in your motor vehicle’s computer system and also display it on the screen.
8. To analyze the code you might need to consult the service guidebook for your automobile although some scanners will provide details for basic codes. Some scanner makers also provide access to programs that will analyze the code as well as give maintenance and repair procedures based upon that code.